Monday, February 10, 2014

Book Review: I, Saul

A Novel
I, Saul weaves an interesting story of the childhood and experiences that may have shaped the man who became Paul the Apostle. Author Jerry B. Jenkins with James S. MacDonald alternate Saul’s story with chapters about a young seminary professor caught in an intrigue relating to valuable parchments. Of course, there’s a bit of romance thrown in and lots of relationships that develop through the story.

With the alternating chapters, I occasionally had to check back to keep characters straight—who was good, who was bad. And of course, sometimes you weren’t sure who was what. All in all I found it an insightful and entertaining read.

2 comments:

Lanita said...

Thanks, Shirley, for your insights. In our Sunday class we are studying the journeys of Paul and that plus your review makes me want to read the book.
I appreciate the heads up about checking back to other chapters. Perhaps I'll read a hard copy rather than on my Nook!

Shirley Brosius said...

Thanks, Lanita. I'm sure you will enjoy the book, especially after studying about him.