Monday, February 4, 2013

Book Review: Journeys to Mother Love



Journeys to Mother Love, a compilation by Catherine Lawton, tells the stories of mothers of all ages, from all walks of life, in their own voices. But these women have faced demons from the past and challenges of the present by opening themselves to God’s grace. They tell their stories of hurt and healing to guide others down similar paths to freedom and forgiveness.

If you felt neglected as a child, suffered abuse of one sort or another or had to deal with a complicated mother/daughter relationship, the book is for you. I plan to pass my copy on to someone whose life today is complicated by past experiences. I could especially relate to one woman’s story about a mother with Alzheimer’s because I have an older sister with serious memory loss, but I recognized issues from my own life in most every story.

Each chapter ends with a short bio and photo of the author, and it was interesting to note how negative experiences can turn into ministries. All the women testify to the faithfulness of God regardless of circumstances and offer inspirational reading at its best.

No comments: